Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Crowded Void


I go to sleep everyday hoping it'd refresh my brain
I expect 'sleep' to be sort of some eraser that conveniently erases everything that I subconsciously don't want to bear and to fulfill all fantasies that never can be fulfilled. Mr. Sleep is my best boyfriend(hardly thought of, but exploited thoroughly)

I don't know what stages I sleep through,
A lot of it is REM and sadly, though supposed to be rejuvenating, it becomes an imposition because REM events can be recalled


Initially nothing
more nothing
hyponatremia
septic shock
leukopenia
unresponsiveness
bleeding
desaturation
Intractable pain
......
and what not!


There are new additions to the menu everyday, but there is persistent hyponatremia. I gasp when I feel can do nothing about it. I give up! I accept my helplessness. I admit to myself that I am not a fighter and burrow my head between the mattress and the pillow desperate for a few hours of non-REM peaceful sleep.That doesn't happen!!!
Despite all these lamentations that can tire anybody, there is a clandestine joy of belonging to the happenings around me when the whole world sleeps, which can be likened to the possession of ESP or some unexplained, uncategorised super power( good as long as it is unexplained). Life's good!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Sleep is my best boyfriend(hardly thought of, but exploited thoroughly) *sigh*

    Subliminal!

    ReplyDelete